Monday, December 13, 2010

Costa Rican Sun

Sorry that it has been so long since my last post! I have been a combination of lazy and busy...and I'm still feeling a bit lazy..but here I go anyways!

The end of last weeks' classes were great! In Spanish, we got to learn body parts by drawing out people. Our teacher, Laura, thought it would be hilarious to emphasize certain parts, and pretty much the entire class was crying of laughter. In Photography, Carlos took us to a few great lookout points to snap some photos.

My weekend was also a lot of fun! On Saturday, we went to a beautiful private beach. How did we manage to get ourselves to one of the most beautiful private beaches in Jaco? Caliche, the owner of Wishbone's Restaurant and friend to the School of the World, lives in a resort called Los Suenos. He is one of the only Costa Rican locals that lives there year round, so we had the beach to ourselves! Beach party! Because I am not too fond of the ocean, I found myself sitting under the massive palm trees and walking along the beach to find some cool spots to photograph. Caliche also ordered pizza from his restaurant that was delivered. Best international pizza that I have ever had in my life! We also played some beach paddle ball!

On Sunday, a few of my friends from the school and I went zip-lining through the rainforest! Although I didn't see any monkeys, it was an amazing experience. I still can't believe that I wasn't a bit nervous before stepping off of the first platform that was suspended about 500 feet (a horrible guess...but it was high!) off of the ground. If you ever get the chance to do something like that, I would one hundred percent recommend it! I also snagged some great photos of my friends flying between the trees.

Also, a new group of people arrived over the weekend! Although most of them are older (about thirty), they are all very friendly. It's funny though because every person that I have met here thought I was lying about my age when I said I was eighteen. They thought that I was between twenty and twenty-two!

Tomorrow, everyone from the school is going on a little excursion! We are going sea kayaking and snorkeling! Although I am a bit uneasy about the snorkeling part, I am extremely excited for the kayaking! I wanted to go in Australia or New Zealand, but I couldn't manage to fit it into my busy schedule.

Here are some photos from the weekend!












And now some photos of me! I don't have the photos of me zip-lining yet because they are on another person's camera..but they will come later!


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are relaxing, going to the beach, zip lining, taking pictures, laughing in spanish class and enjoying the tropical climate because we are FREEZING our as#$! off here!
    When you come home you can take pictures of the snow!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete