Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Burned by the Sun"

Who ever gave me the fantastic advice to not sit in the sun for three hours was incredible intelligent. No, I didn't go against this advice and sit in the sun all day, but instead very careful. I have been sitting out for twenty minutes each day, and spending the rest of the time hanging out in the shade. And the results? The best tan I have ever had! Well...for me it's good at least.

The sea kayaking adventure on Tuesday was amazing! Hannah (my roommate) and I were great partners! The sea was a bit rough, and I was getting drenched for most of the time by the furiousness of the sea. We paddled to Playa Blanca, a beautiful beach for snorkeling and hanging out. I didn't snorkel, but I managed to get coaxed into going for a quick swim. Natalie, from Martha's Vineyard (she also went to Echo Hill for summer camp for years, the place I will be interning in the spring), and I went for a nice walk out on the rocks on the beach.

In photography, Carlos took us to an awesome town near San Jose. It was a long trip, but well worth it. The people were so friendly and even posed for us! I got a few great shots from that excursion.

Wednesday was also Natalie's birthday, and we cooperatively planned a surprise party for her. We bought balloons and a cake, and of course cooked a delicious meal all together!

Today was a very relaxing day after a fun night. We went to Tsunami Sushi and then to Back Yard for ladies night. It was Natalie and Mareke's last night at the school, so we had a group night out! In Photo class today, we went to a cool deserted church, which was really a concrete building with a cross on top. After, we went to a beautiful lookout point. It is amazing how stupid people can be. There were a few burn outs spinning out in their cars on the small, dirt driveway. We were just standing there for the three minutes, stunned and hoping that they wouldn't crash. They were so lucky that they didn't.

I have a great weekend planned...but I am going to provoke your curiosity and make you wait until my next post to learn what it is I will be doing! In the meantime, here are some more photos!











1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures, I had to make sure I wasn't in the one with the guys hanging out on the bench!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete