Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Palos Hair-des

Here I am...sitting on a bed next to Lindsay Szper! After a long five hour flight, I finally made it to Palos Hair-des (AKA Palos Verdes). On the plane ride, I couldn't help myself but think about change, and how strange it feels to go into something, my gap year, knowing that I will come out changed. I know I am about to encounter things that I have no idea how to handle, but conquering those experiences will help me to grow up from a child to an adult. Although I am now an "adult," I am so happy that Lindsay gave me a little stuffed animal upon my arrival to LA. I left my teddy bear at home...a comfort object that comes just about anywhere (that is overnight) with me. Something that will stick with me through the rest of my life that I remembered this summer is the following quote from Peter Pan (it was also on the back of the old Leoj): "If growing up means that it is beneath my dignity to climb a tree, then I'll never grow up!" As adult as my temporary new life in New Zealand will be, I will never forget that being a child deep down is one of the most important aspects in life. As the Little Prince once said, "Grown-ups are strange." (Especially the really serious ones.)

Anyways, LA with Lindsay! Last night, we went to a great vegetarian restaurant in El Segundo called the Veggie Grill! I met two of her friends who were both very nice! After, we went over to Jennifer's house, another CITYterm friend! It was great to see her considering we have been separated ever since we left CITYterm last December. This morning, we went for an early breakfast at the Pancake House. My Chocolate Chip Pancakes were mouthwatering. Our breakfast adventure was followed with a trip to the park to lay out in the sun and talk about life, as we tend to do. We then came back to her house to play basketball and softball...we are so athletic.

More adventures to come...

4 comments:

  1. Great way to start the adventure! Have a great flight tonight, tomorrow and the next day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first adventure........Good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you, Rachie! You'll have an amazing time...soak it all in. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. (By the way, this is Jill...you will get to read my pre-kindergarten blog while I read your blog!)

    ReplyDelete